THE ASTA CATH FEMALE CATHETER GUIDE, designed by Linda Asta RN, for intermittent self catheterization is an elegantly simple device which assists women in locating their urethral opening. As the guide is inserted into the vagina, it spreads the labia and one hole aligns with the urethral opening. A 14 French or smaller catheter can then be passed into the bladder for emptying. The three alignment holes allow for most anatomical differences.
- Women with neurological impairment such as multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury, spina bifida, or diabetes.
- Women with limited hand dexterity.
- Women who self cath to manage incontinence.
- Women who learn to self cath for postoperative management of urinary retention following stress incontinence procedures.
- Women who are learning to insert various incontinence devices.
- Caregivers assisting women with intermittent catheterization.
Latex free. Cleans easily with soap and water. Dishwasher safe.
HCPCS Code: A4335