The BioDerm® Penile Clamp for male urinary incontinence, is designed to temporarily stop the flow of urine through the urethra. Initially developed for use in conjunction with the BioDerm® male external catheter this simple male urinary incontinence product may also help men who are dribbling or leaking. Men who undergo surgery for prostate disease or prostate cancer or have an enlarged prostate may experience urinary incontinence as a result of their condition. Due to it’s unique design it may be especially helpful to men who have experienced shrinking due to prostate removal, effects of age or other conditions. Men who have used the Cunningham clamp will be familiar with it’s operation.
What makes the BioDerm® Penile Clamp different?
- Made from durable engineered plastic and ultra soft foam for added comfort.
- The BioDerm® Penile Clamp is designed to fit Small, Medium and Large anatomy.
- No wires or metal ensures that the BioDerm Penile Clamp is skin friendly and can be washed without the potential of rust or corrosion.
- Easy use clasp can be closed and released with one hand!
- Curved upper arm for improved comfort.
- Long lasting hinge designed for multiple cycles.
- No metal parts means it’s Airport friendly as well.
Directions for use (when not using an external catheter system);
- Clean and dry penis.
- Place shaft of penis in open clamp with curved side up and ridged side directly under the bottom of the penis.
- Press down to the first catch point and determine whether urine flow stops.
- If it does not stop, continue tightening, one click at a time, until the flow stops. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN.
- Not designed for continuous use.
- To avoid skin irritation change positions behind the head of the penis frequently to avoid skin irritation.
BioDerm® Penile Clamp Specifications;
- Clamp width: 3/4″
- Clamp length: 3 9/16″
- Constructed of plastic and foam.
- Latex free.
- Do not use continuously.
- Do not apply too tightly as this may reduce blood flow or cause damage to the penis.
- Wash and dry thoroughly before use.
- DISCONTINUE USE if you experience pain or skin irritation at the clamp site.
- DISCONTINUE USE if blood is noticed in urine.
- Consult your healthcare professional prior to use in all instances.
- Wash with warm water and dish or hand soap and rinse thoroughly with cool water.
- Squeeze the foam pads to remove excess water. Towel dry then air dry. Do not use a hair dryer or other applied heat.
- Wear only when completely dry.
Due to hygiene concerns this product is not returnable if the original manufacturers packaging is opened.