Ichybum Anal Itching Cream
ICHYBUM cream is based on a formula prescribed by dermatologists around the world for decades to help relieve the symptoms of pruritus ani and other afflictions involving chronic anal itching (eg: hemorrhoids). Its active ingredients are hydrocortisone and clioquinol which have anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties commonly used to treat skin infections.
Anal itching (Pruritus ani) is a symptom and not the diagnosis of a condition. It is a common problem which is mostly found in people over the age of 40. It is more common for men than for women. It can affect people of all ages including children. The urge to itch occurs more commonly after going to the toilet for a bowel movement and/or at night. Continual scratching can damage the sensitive skin of the anal area thereby increasing the likelihood of infection. The problem can also interrupt sleep patterns and be a cause of embarrassment. Anal itchinghas many causes and is rarely due to a serious underlying medical condition.
– Anorectal dysfunction (a small amount of feces escapes from the anus and cause the itching);
– Residual stool deposits after bowel movements;
– Skin conditions including eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis (inflammation of the skin);
– Excessive moisture in the anal area due to perspiration;
– Reaction to soaps, perfumes, creams, etc;
– Infections and diseases;
– Anal Fissures, Hemorrhoids & Piles;
– Some food types (eg: chilies or other spicy foods, tomatoes, citrus fruits);
– Some medicines (eg: chemotherapy);
– Thread worms or tapeworms;
– Tumor of the anus or rectum
In many cases anal itching can continue after the underlying cause no longer exists. In these cases, continued scratching causes the body to release inflammatory chemicals which increases redness and itchiness, thereby stimulating the urge to scratch again. This is known as the “itch-scratch” cycle. Similarly, trying to keep the area clean using soaps or using anal ointments which certain ingredients can exacerbate the problem creating a vicious and unending cycle.
Product shown is for illustration purposes only. Product shape and/or label may differ slightly from that shown.